Five Ways to Dress Up a Boring Living Room
Are you tired of the same ol’, same ol’ when it comes to your living room? If so, you’re not alone. Living rooms can be some of the most difficult to decorate, as these are the spaces that you likely spend the most time in and, in turn, tire of quicker. However, there are numerous ways you can spice up a boring living room, without breaking the bank. Accessories are those small touches that can quickly transform any room in your home into something modern, classic, and inviting. These are also the little things that bring a room together and set it apart from the ordinary. Accessorizing your living room means that you don’t have to worry about picking out a new paint color or completely redoing the space, but you can instead add pieces of furniture and other details to enhance the room and make it visually appealing. As your go-to Arlington furniture store, we have everything you will need to spice up your living room. From beautiful end tables to accent rugs, floor lamps, throw pillows, and benches, you are sure to find what you are looking for at our conveniently located and well-stocked Dallas modern furniture store.
Now, let’s take a look at some of the best ways to dress up a boring living room without costing you an arm and a leg:
- Create a focal point. One of the first – and best – ways you can change up a living room you are sick and tired of is to create a focal part. This could be anything from artwork, a mirror, or the television. Whichever you choose, simply arrange all the furniture to face it in order to draw people’s attention and make the room come alive.
- Integrate rugs of different colors, patterns, and textures. Rugs are a wonderful – and affordable – way to transform a room and add layers of depth and interest. Simply layer different, complementary rugs on your carpeted floor, or scatter them across bare floors in a tasteful way. Whichever you choose is sure to add color and pattern to the room.
- Use throw pillows on the couches and chairs that complement the colors of the space. Throw pillows are yet another great way to add character to a living space that you find drab and boring. One piece of advice – pick out pillows that are prints or solid colors and make sure they complement colors from drapes, rugs, or wall art to tie them all in.
- Add bookshelves to display pottery, knickknacks, and pictures. Bookshelves don’t have to be used for the sole purpose of storing and showing off your literary collection, they can also be great for displaying some of your most treasured, unique items. Be sure and position the bookshelves below wall art or place them behind chairs to ensure they are out of the way, while still showing off your goods.
- Put small end tables and long wall tables to good use. You can pick up a gorgeous end table or long wall table at Furniture Nation and use it to hold various accessories, such as vases full of blooming flowers, pottery, and even coasters for drinks.
As you can see, there are many great ways that you can add style, character, and sophistication to a living room that has started to lose its luster. If your living room needs a makeover, be sure and head on down to our modern Dallas furniture store today and pick out a few great accent pieces.
Posted by: " The Furniture Nation Team " at "Jun 30 2015